Frame Instructions: Slant Seat Stern Frame
- Lay out the frame parts as shown in the image above.
- Insert U-bolts in the LoPro fittings at the ends of the side rails. Add washers and locking nuts, but do not tighten.
- Slide the LoPros over the ends of the seat bar and foot bar.
- Insert the carriage bolts in the Skidguard seat. Thread the bolts through the conduit clamps, so that the clamps grip the seat bar and foot bar. Add the nuts and tighten them.
- Tighten the nylon locking nuts on the side rail U-bolts.
- Add oar mounts and tighten U-bolts.
- Check to be sure that all of the U-bolts are tight. Periodically check the tightness of all nuts and bolts.
- When you are storing your frame for long periods of time, we recommend you give the raw wood edges a light coat of waterproofing (i.e. Thompson's WaterSeal®) to keep the wood from weather checking.
*Printable Slant Seat Stern Frame Directions
* Adobe Acrobat 3.0 is required to view printable directions
Download Acrobat Reader