Tear-Aid Patch - Type B
$9.95 - $28.95
Sticks, stubs, thorns and horns make holes and tears in your PVC and vinyl gear. Tear-Aid Patch - Type B is your answer; It's durable, flexible, airtight and watertight. Perfect for your repair kit.
- The Tear-Aid Type B is for vinyl/PVC ONLY. The oils in these materials and coatings require the special adhesive in Type B.
- Patching is oh so easy. Select the right size patch for the job. Clean the repair surface with an alcohol prep pad or rubbing alcohol. When the area is dry, just peel the backing off the Tear-Aid patch and stick it on. No mess, no muss, no fuss.
- The unique adhesive on Type B resists the oils in vinyl that cause other adhesives to soften and turn gummy in sunlight.
- Available in kit form and in rolls 3"W x 5'L.
- Patches are airtight and watertight, even under pressure when stretched.
- The patches are see-through, so the color of your gear shows right through.
- It's UV resistant and conforms to irregular surfaces.
- Don't throw away that gear - patch it with Tear-Aid.
- Patch dry bags, rain gear, air mattresses, water toys, luggage, raft seats, etc. The list is endless.
- Comes with complete, easy to follow directions - follow them carefully for the best results.
- For materials other than vinyl/PVC, use Type A Tear-Aid, Item#1980.
- Matte Finish Polyurethane Tape
- High Strength Adhesive
- Stretches 600% Before Tearing
- Effective Temperature Range is -20F to 140F
- Roll Size: 3"W x 5'L
- Kit Contains:
- (1) 3" x 12" Patch
- (1) 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" Patch
- (1) 7/8" x 7/8" Patch
- (2) Alcohol Prep Pads
- 36" Reinforcement Filament (For Repairing Tears at Edges)
- Illustrated Repair Instructions
- Invisible once applied
- Sticks very firmly
Tear-Aid Patch - Type B
Is this the product to use on the Saturn boats?
Asked on 9/16/2012 by Mike from Edmonds, Wa.
I believe all Saturn boats are made with a PVC-coated material. Tear-Aid Type B is specifically for PVC/vinyl materials.
Answered on 9/17/2012 by Clyde from NRS
Yes, the Saturn boats are PVC and require the PVC-specific Tear-Aid
Answered on 9/18/2012 by Anonymous
For small holes this product works surprisingly well and is really quick. You only use the Type B if your boat is PVC not Hyplon or other. I think saturn inflatables are PVC, but I am not positive. If it is Hyplon you need Type A, which I have not used.
Answered on 9/18/2012
Christoph from Laramie, Wyoming