In the Bracing Clinic, The Art of Staying Upright DVD, Wayne Horodowich of the University of Sea Kayaking teaches you all the paddle, body and boat moves needed to stay in your boat & enjoy paddling. This is Volume 5 in the USK Instructional Video Series.
- In his 25-years of teaching and watching how failed braces have led to capsizes, Wayne has developed a teaching method that speeds learning of the proper techniques.
- He starts you out practicing the moves while watching the video.
- Then, before moving to the water, he has you practice the movements while sitting in your boat on land.
- In the water, he recommends starting in shallow water so you have the bottom as a back up when you miss a brace.
- You learn all the different types of braces and how to execute them in different boating environments.
- Wayne also stresses proper techniques that minimize the risk of injury to shoulder and wrist.
- Bracing is an essential skill for avoiding capsize and enjoying kayaking. Learn from the best with Wayne Horodowich.
Running Time: 111 minutes
Release Date: 2008
Number of Disks: 1
Film Location: Various
Studio: University of Sea Kayaking