The Rio Grande, A River Guide to the Geology and Landscapes of Northern New Mexico, is a great companion for anyone boating the 153 miles between Lasauses, Colorado and the Cochiti Dam.
- Eleven different stretches of this river section are covered in great detail.
- Lavishly illustrated throughout, this full-color guide is packed with information and photos on geography, hydrology, safety, river management, history, rock art and more.
- The finely detailed maps show terrain relief and topography, rapids, campsites, side hikes, trails, etc.
- While aimed primarily at river runners, it's an invaluable resource for hikers, anglers, cyclists, day trippers, historians, and casual visitors.
- In addition to being an avid river runner, author Paul Bauer is a geologist. He gives you expert information on river corridor - info that many river guides lack.
- Winner of the National Outdoor Book Award in the Outdoor Adventure Guidebook Category.
- The book is printed on waterproof paper and spiral bound for easy page turning.
Author: Paul W. Pauer
Size: 7 1/2" x 8 3/4"